Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The idea for this green smoothie comes from the amazing Sarma of oneluckyduck.com. I recently purchased her book Living Raw Food and am loving it. While some of the recipes can be complex, she has many that can be made in minutes. This Ginger Cilantro Shake is a hybrid of her Cilantro-Pineapple Shake and her Bangkok Baby. Here is my version, a nice healthy green drink for Saint Patrick's day. http://www.elanaspantry.com/ginger-cilantro-green-shake/
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cucumber, cut into pieces (no need to peel)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1⁄2 finger length ginger (no need to peel)
- 5 little pieces pineapple
- In a blender, combine cilantro, cucumber, lime juice (and a little water if needed to help blend).
- Blend in ginger and pineapple until smooth.
- Pour into a big glass.
- Sip slowly like wine, to help with digestion.
I love cilantro which is why I tried this recipe. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with the drink. I love to use ginger when I'm juicing and it compliments Carrot and Apple juice very nicely. I followed recipe to a T with the exception of reducing the amount of ginger suggested. The ginger overpowered all of the other flavors rendering the shake undrinkable. I might try making the shake again without the ginger and see how it tastes.