Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Customized store-bought ice cream. Use top quality ice cream, not light ones, or it will deflate when you mix with the add-ins and turn icy upon refreezing. Go figure - I'm dieting, gnawing on carrots while I browse a Williams Sonoma chocolate cookbook. Someday, this one will be mine!
- 1 pint best-quality vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup candied ginger, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped)
- 3 cups chocolate fudge sauce, see Hot Fudge Sauce
- Soften the ice cream by setting it out at room temp for about 30 minutes. Or place in microwave for 15 seconds. If it doesn't soften, repeat.
- Scoop ice cream into a metal mixing bowl. Using a large spoon, beat in the ginger and chocolate pieces.
- Spoon back into container, cover and refreeze.
- Serve with the fudge sauce and garnish with more candied ginger.