Recipe by Mom2girls
This is my favorite dish to cook. Just light and simple. I found the recipe in a magazine a few years ago, I just love the sweet and salty taste of the sauce. Keep in mind this is not a real "saucy" dish. When I make it the chicken chunks are really coated with sauce but vegetables are served plain with a little salt & pepper. It's a layered dish and it is just a nice blend with the sweet and salty chicken chunks the crisp stir fry vegetables and white rice. I usually add a little soy sauce also. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups cubed boneless chicken breasts (also can use with boneless skinless thighs)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk (sometimes I add more because I love pineapple)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken in ziploc bag with flour shake to coat.
- Heat oil in skillet and add chicken.
- Cook until no longer pink in middle.
- (Sometimes I need more than 1 Tbs oil) While chicken is cooking, mix together fruit juice, honey, soy sauce, ginger and garlic and pineapple.
- Once chicken is cooked thoroughly add sauce (make sure to stir sauce right before adding because the honey settles to the bottom).
- Cook until sauce thickens.
- Usually I serve over a layer of stir fried vegtables (cabbage, broccoli and peapods are my favorite) and a layer of steamed rice.