1/2 Photos of Ginger Beef Tataki With Lemon-Soy Dipping Sauce
From Bon Appétit, April 2000. We prefer this rare rather than medium rare, so we cook it much less than 35 minutes in the oven. Check often with the thermometer for the right level for you. Serve with Lemon-Soy Dipping Sauce #229523.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 907.18 g beef tenderloin, trimmed, about 2 lbs
- 88.74 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml mirin
- 2 green onions, very thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml golden brown sugar
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, flattened
- 88.74 ml finely grated peeled daikon radishes
- 88.74 ml finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 green onions, very finely chopped
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Rub 1 tablespoon oil over beef. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef to skillet and cook until brown, turning often, about 5 minutes.
- 4Transfer beef to roasting pan. Roast beef in oven until thermometer inserted into center registers 130°F for medium-rare, about 35 minutes. Cool.
- 5Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients in large resealable plastic bag. Add beef to marinade.
- 6Cover and refrigerate until beef is cold, turning in marinade occasionally, at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
- 7Discard marinade from beef. Cut beef into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cover and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 8Arrange beef on plates. Spoon small mounds of daikon, ginger and green onions onto plates. Garnish with lemon wedges and shiso. Serve with individual bowls of Lemon-Soy Dipping Sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Beef Tataki With Lemon-Soy Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.1
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 129.9 mg
- Sodium 1161.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 41.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: