Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great twist on beef kabobs. The Asian flavor makes these special!
Make and share this Ginger Beef and Carrot Kabobs recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, trimmed into 4-inch pieces
- Place beef in large resealable plastic food storage bag.
- Combine soy sauce, water, honey, oil, ginger, allspice, red pepper and garlic in small bowl.
- Pour over meat in bag and seal bag, turningn to coat meat.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 4 - 16 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place 1 inch water in medium saucepan.
- Bring water to a boil, add carrots. Cover; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking. Drain meat. Discard marinade.
- Alternately thread meat and carrot pieces onto 4 wooden skewers. Add green onion piece to end of each skewer.
- Grill kabobs over medium coals 11-14 minutes or until meat is tender, turning once.
- (soak the wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before using them to prevent burning).