Recipe by DeeCooks
This is really easy with my microplane--I just grate the ginger and garlic into a measuring cup, add the rest of the ingredients and nuke it in the microwave til it's all melted. This is good with any kind of fish, chicken or pork tenderloin, too.
Top Review by Outta Here
This gave an excellent flavor to my chicken, and was really easy. The only thing keeping this from 5 stars is that I do not like putting warm marinade on raw meat, and when it had cooled enough, the butter had solidified. I will use a couple of tablespoons of olive oil next time instead of butter. I want to try this on shrimp or scallops.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 5 garlic cloves, grated (or crushed)
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients in a small saucepan over moderate heat and stir until the butter is melted, or use the microwave.
- Marinate seafood or meat 30 minutes to 2 hours (any more and the lemon starts to "cook" the meat.
- Baste with marinade while cooking.