A not too sweet cookie, nice to have on hand or to add to a tray of different cookies. This came from a friends Jewish Grandmother who used to fix them for us occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar and almond extract until smooth.
- Add flour, ginger, and ground almonds and beat mixture until well combined.
- On a floured surface, roll dough out to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into two-inch rounds and place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press a whole almond into the center of each cookie and bake about 20 minutes or until very lightly colored.
- Remove to rack and cool.