Recipe by Krsi Sue
My grandparents used to fry oysters quite regularly. We all loved them. Gigi and I decided to make a sandwich out of them one day & the results were awesome!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lb oyster, fresh
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- oil, to fry oysters in
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the top 1/3 off of the french bread loaf.
- Hollow out about 1/2 of the insides of the bottom piece.
- Bake the bread bottom at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Whisk together eggs and milk.
- Roll oysters in bread crumbs, then the egg mixture, and then back into the bread crumbs.
- Fry oysters until lightly browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Brush butter on the toasted bread.
- Place oysters on loaf and sprinkle with parsley.
- Place top 1/2 of the french bread onto the bottom 1/2.
- Bake another 10 minutes at 350 degrees.