Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice, refreshing simple drink from "Everyday Italian" with Giada De Laurentiis. Adapted because her version featured a homemade lime-based limoncello.
- 2 cups limoncello (Italian lemon liqueur)
- coarsely crushed ice cube
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup club soda
- muddle stick (or handle of wooden spoon)
- 1 lime, for garnish (optional)
- Coarsely crush the ice cubes, then fill 4 tall skinny drink glasses halfway full with the ice.
- Add 1/4 cup mint leaves to each glass and, using a muddle stick or the handle of a wooden spoon, crush the mint leaves together with the ice (this is called "muddling").
- Add 1/2 cup limoncello to each glass, and stir.
- Add 1/4 cup of club soda to the top of each drink, and serve.
- Note: on the show, Giada made her own limoncello from limes rather than from lemon, vodka, and simple syrup, with a week or marinating; if you can find a lime-based limoncello in the store, wonderful (we've only made it ourselves at home) - but otherwise you can use conventional limoncello.
- Also, you could quarter a lime and put each quarter on the edge of the glasses, so that guests could add a squeeze of lime juice into their spritzer.