Recipe by Gloria 15x
This is for bay scallops but I'm sure it would be just as good with sea scallops. Give it a try. It es a very elegant dish, but simple to make.
- 3 lbs scallops
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring wine and lemon juice to a boil and add scallops, mushrooms and green pepper.
- Simmer just until scallops are tender. DON'T overcook.
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- Melt butter in saucepan andblend salt, pepper and flour until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in reserved liquid and cook until thickened.
- Add Swiss cheese and 1/2 cupRomano and stir over very low heat until blended.
- Remove from heat and fold in whipped cream.
- Stir in scallop mixture and divide between eight individual buttered scallop shells.
- Sprinkle with remaining Romano, dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil until golden brown.