Recipe by Janneke anne
This a replacement for a cereal bar. My 3 boys love to have this in the morning as a quick breafast treat. It freezes well and we have added this to our OAMC.
Top Review by Starrynews
Love the concept and the flavor! The only trouble I ran into was that mine came out a bit crumbly, making them difficult to eat and transport, and leaving a number of crumbs to be eaten in bowl and spoon. I used Rice Chex, and a combo of rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour, as well as the optional chocolate chips - I used 1/2 c mini chocolate chips. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '11
- 1⁄2 cup cf gluten-free butter (I use Smart Balance)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups cf gluten-free cereal (crushed)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 cup gluten-free flour, I use a mix of flours (i sometimes replace 1/4 cup of flour mix with 1/4 cup gfcf cocoa)
- 1 cup cf gluten-free chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350*.
- Mix together all the ingredients in order they are listed.
- Pour into a jelly roll pan or a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350* for 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Makes a brownie-like texture.
- * I use a mix of millet, tapoica, potato, and Amaranth flour. Using just one flour tends to give too strong of a flavor.