Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This a replacement for a cereal bar. My 3 boys love to have this in the morning as a quick breafast treat. It freezes well and we have added this to our OAMC.
- 1⁄2 cup cf gluten-free butter (I use Smart Balance)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups cf gluten-free cereal (crushed)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 cup gluten-free flour, I use a mix of flours (i sometimes replace 1/4 cup of flour mix with 1/4 cup gfcf cocoa)
- 1 cup cf gluten-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350*.
- Mix together all the ingredients in order they are listed.
- Pour into a jelly roll pan or a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350* for 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Makes a brownie-like texture.
- * I use a mix of millet, tapoica, potato, and Amaranth flour. Using just one flour tends to give too strong of a flavor.
Love the concept and the flavor! The only trouble I ran into was that mine came out a bit crumbly, making them difficult to eat and transport, and leaving a number of crumbs to be eaten in bowl and spoon. I used Rice Chex, and a combo of rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour, as well as the optional chocolate chips - I used 1/2 c mini chocolate chips. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '11
It's so great to find gfcf recipes for kids on Recipe Zaar. My kids and my husband loved these and they were so easy to make with ingredients already in the house. Thank you so much for posting this.