Recipe by Sheynath
I use this to make gluten-free chicken strips and fish sticks. Cooking time listed is my estimated time for sauting chicken strips or fish sticks. Use the cardboard cheese in a can for this recipe, it holds up better than freshly grated and its cheaper! Save the good stuff for a dish where its flavor and texture will make a dfference.
- 1 cup pork rind, finely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (from the can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Be sure the pork rinds are crushed fine, remove any sizeable bits. You can crush with a rolling pin or in a food processor.
- Stir the parmesan cheese into pork rind powder and blend evenly.
- Season to taste. The pork rinds and the cheese are both somewhat salty, so go easy on any added salt. I often use dried herbs, garlic powder, cayenne and/or chili powder. Whatever goes well with the food you are coating.
- Moisten the food to be coated (use egg, water, milk, etc.) then roll in the pork-cheese mixture. Set aside until all pieces have been coated.
- Food can now be cooked as desired. Sauting and baking are the ways I usually use. You can deep fry the foods, but little bits of the coating come off easily and burn in the oil.