Recipe by tecrz
A simple way to make a more nutritious chicken nugget. My kids like them and I made up the name to add some fun.
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
Terrific recipe! This is now one of my very favorites and I will be using this weekly for dinner for my daughter and myself. I try to do strictly organic for her (4 1/2 yrs old) and I, but organic meats are tough on the budget; especially the frozen prepared ones. I usually get her bell and evans coconut chicken strips/nuggets but now that I have this great recipe; I dont have to. I followed the recipe exactly, and chose organic chicken tenders, and cut them prior to cooking (into nugget type shapes) then used organic eggs and wheat germ. For spices I used sea salt, garlic powder and parmesean cheese. They were very easy to put together and the chicken came out tender. The breading does not taste like wheat germ, but rather like good quality bread crumbs. Delicious and I will be picking up some shredded coconut to throw on them next week when we make them again. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 cup wheat germ
- salt and pepper, preferred seasonings
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wheat germ and seasonings.
- Dip chicken chunks into egg, then roll in wheat germ.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 400 for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with some plain yogurt mixed with dijon mustard, or your favorite dipping sauce.