Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a one-dish skillet recipe made with apples, sausage and sauerkraut. Recipe is from All Recipes.
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) package sauerkraut
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 lbs kielbasa, sliced
- Combine the apples and sauerkraut in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer then cook for about 10 minutes, until apples are starting to soften.
- Stir in the brown sugar and kielbasa.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, or until heated through.
A very nice all-in-one dish. I made this as directed except that I added some beer and caraway seeds. Thanks Lainey. Made for ZWT4 Family Picks.
Good meal. Great for a quick supper. I loved that you can sneak in apples and sauerkraut here for those who wont try them. I am not giving this any stars right now bc I found that there was just not enough liquid here when following directions, to simmer the apples and kraut. The directions do not say whether or not to drain or rinse the kraut. I did NOT drain or rinse and I still had to add about a cup of apple juice in order to get a simmer without risk of burning or crisping and drying out the kraut. I added a little water too when adding the sausage and brown sugar as there was not enough liquid to incorporate and melt the sugar. Could be the type of kraut I used? The flavors here were very nice and the sweetness went well with the sour and balanced each other well. Made for ZWT4
A very good, super easy recipe to prepare. I sauteed the kielbasa before adding it to the sauerkraut because I like them browned. I will make this again.