Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is taken from a book "Dining Car Line to the Pacific" published in 1990.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- powdered sugar, as needed
- lemon juice, as needed
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Using your electric mixer beat the eggs until they are very light.
- Add the salt, flour, then milk, beating all the time.
- Spread the soft butter on the bottom and sides of a cold 10 inch frying pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan, place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, however reducing the oven heat to 325 F after a few minutes.
- The pancake should puff up on the sides and be crisp and brown. Remove and place on a warm serving platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar and lemon juice. Serve at once.