Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
An old recipe for a cinnamon cookie.
Make and share this German Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream brown sugar and lard.
- Add egg.
- Sift dry ingredients
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Cut walnuts with knife but don't chop.
- (I don't see the reasoning behind this, but that's how recipe reads.).
- Form into long rolls.
- Let stand all night in cool place in refrigerator.
- Cut into thin rounds.
- Bake in 350 degree oven (directions say moderate oven) for 10 minutes. I'm guessing time until the cookies brown, guys.
Very delicate and flavorful cookie! The lard makes them crunchy, and the brown sugar lends a pleseant depth to them, complimented by the cinnamon. I could not for the life of me slice the walnuts - they just crumbled away, but that does not affect the taste, of course. Also I forgot that they would spread, so I placed them too closely on the cookie sheet, and all the nicely rounded cookies went somewhat square! I will definitely make these cookies again - thanks for posting! Made for ZWT6 Germany / Benelux.