1/2 Photos of German Chocolate Sauce
This warm, silky sauce is perfect over ice cream or pound cake. Be sure to use "sweet" baking chocolate, not semisweet or unsweetened.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- 2Stir in sugar, vanilla, salt, and milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Serve warm over ice cream or pound cake.
- 4Note: This sauce can be reheated in the microwave oven on Medium (50% power). The amount of time will vary with the amount of sauce being reheated.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (675 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1374.7
- Calories from Fat 637
- Total Fat 70.7 g
- Saturated Fat 43.7 g
- Cholesterol 142.5 mg
- Sodium 556.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 191.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 179.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g