Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The surpise is the icing is inside the cake. A truly quick and easy recipe using a prepared cake mix and frosting for those times when you just dont have the time or ingredients to make one from scratch. This makes a very large cake, so make sure you use a 12-cup tube/bundt pan.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut pecan frosting
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 12 cup tube pan OR Bundt pan.
- Mix all ingredients (including the icing) in mixer at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 55 - 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven to wire rack and allow cooling for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.
Delish! I still give it five stars for flavor but to me it was not like a pound cake. Very moist and light. We really enjoyed it and it was so easy to make. Thank you
This cake was so easy to make! I did make it as a sheet cake in a jellyroll pan, and it took 20 minutes to bake. Everyone loved the flavor and it smelled so good. I will definitely make this cake again.