1 hr 10 mins
Dragonfly AZ's Note:
No one will believe this cake started from a cake mix. Be sure to use a plain mix, one without pudding already in the mix. From "Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour Bundt cake pan.
- 2Place all cake ingredients except chocolate chips in large mixing bowl. Beat as directed on the cake mix box.
- 3Stir in chocolate chips.
- 4Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 5Bake for 58-62 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 6Remove and cool for 20 minutes, then run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and turn it out onto a wire rack to cool for about 20 more minutes.
- 7Place glaze ingredients in microwaveable glass measuring cup. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, then stir until chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 8Place cake on serving platter and spoon the warm glaze over it. Let sit for at least another 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g