Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found on a New Zealand recipe website and adapted for ZWT8 Australia/ New Zealand. This sounds really good, I can't wait to try it.
- 6 pieces chicken, cut up
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- Remove the skin from the chicken pieces. Heat the butter in a large frying pan and lightly dust the chicken with the seasoned flour. Fry quickly on all sides until golden brown.
- Sprinkle in the orange rind and parsley and pour in the sherry. Add the stock and stir in the meat juices. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with a little sauce spooned over each piece of chicken. A little more water may need to be added, depending on how fast it boils away.
- Serve with rice.
DH ate one bite and said "give this five stars!" And I totally agree - these were so tender, juicy and flavourful. Mild, yes, but for mild really aromatic. Thanks for sharing!
Made for ZWT 8 / Aus/NWZ for the Lively Lemon Lovelies
This is an easy dish to whip up and it has a nice mild flavor. Made with b/s chicken thighs and dried parsley. The sauce made the chicken nice and tender and not dried out. Made for ZWT8.