1/3 Photos of George's Crisp Crusted Oven-Fried Chicken by Judy- Jude
1 hr 15 mins
I am posting this recipe to honor Judy- Jude and also for the "Cookathon" in memory of her (Jan. 09). One of her favorite chicken recipes was "George's Oven-Fried Chicken" and this is the other one. It was created by her father and I often call it KFC Judy D's Father's Recipe(s). Instant Potato Flakes are used and it has a nice taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Wash chicken pieces and pat dry, set aside.
- 3Beat egg and milk in a bowl.
- 4In another bowl, mix potato flakes and the rest of the spices and parmesan cheese.
- 5Melt butter in a shallow baking pan (13"x9"x2").
- 6Roll chicken first in egg mixture, then in the potato flake mixture.
- 7Next roll coated chicken pieces in the butter as you place them into the pan (skin side up).
- 8Bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until juices from meat run clear when pierced with a fork.
- 9Note: If you use garlic powder just be sure to add 1 teaspoon of salt; Judy used seasoned salt per her dad's little crib note on the recipe. I often use more spices to make it taste a little like Kentucky Fried Chicken. This recipe was written up pretty much as I had received it from Judy. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for George's Crisp Crusted Oven-Fried Chicken by Judy- Jude
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.0
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 213.4 mg
- Sodium 282.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 43.3 g