Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my mom's quick & easy desserts, & she was partial to strawberry gelatin & strawberry ice cream, but obviously other flavors can also be used. I'm sure that the recipe came out of some 'JELL-O' booklet way back when! Preparation time does not include time to chill.
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- 4 fresh strawberries (optional)
- Completely dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Spoon in ice cream, stirring until ice cream is melted.
- Pour into individual dessert glasses OR a serving bowl.
- Chill about 30 minutes, or until set.
- If desired, garnish with fresh fruit.
Syd, got to say this was so easy, delightful, and delicious. Made as posted, and it hit the spot on this HOT sweltering day. Made for PRMR TAG.
Absolutely a 5-star recipe! Very quick and easy to prepare and a lovely change from plain jello. I used raspberry sugar free jello and vanilla ice cream and the result was delicious! Will definitely be making this over and over again- thanks Syd!
Very yummy and easy! I used Breyer's All Natural vanilla and a vegan strawberry gelatin (3 oz pkg). Quicker to make than jello. Kids enjoyed it. Made for 1-2-3 Tag.