Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is an original from Josie Le Balch Restaurant in Santa Monica, Calif.
Make and share this Garnet Yams W/Maple Syrup, Walnuts, & Brandied Raisins recipe from Food.com.
- Combine raisins and brandy in a small bowl; toss to blend.
- Let soak at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Cook yams in large pot of boiling salted water until just barely tender, approx 8 minutes.
- Using large slotted spoon, transfer yams to a baking sheet to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring 3/4 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter to boil in heavy med saucepan over med heat, stirring until brown sugar dissolves.
- Boil 2 minutes.
- Butter 15x10x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Drain raisins (drink brandy lol).
- Place raisins in a very large bowl.
- Add cooked yams, then maple syrup mixture and toasted walnuts.
- Toss gently to coat evenly.
- Transfer yams to prepared baking dish.
- Bake yams at 350 degrees uncovered until syrup is thick and bubbling, basting occasionally, about 55 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes and serve.