Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Vegetarian Times. October 2005
- 10 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared pasta sauce
- 12 ounces baked tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach, washed
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Warm pasta sauce in pot over medium-low heat.
- Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Add tofu, and cook 5 minutes, or until crisp and browned, turning often.
- Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute more, or until tofu is coated with browned garlic. Transfer to plate, and cover to keep warm.
- Add spinach to same skillet. (Add spinach in batches, if necessary, stirring to wilt so remainder will fit.) Cover, and cook 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Divide cooked pasta among 4 individual plates. Top each with equal amounts of spinach then garlic tofu.
- Spoon sauce on top, and serve.
We really like this one too! We used Italian baked tofu and it added to the flavor nicely. Easy to make. We we definitely make this one again. Thanks!
really enjoyed this recipe. I replaced the spinach with broccoli. (I love broccoli and pasta!) I will try it with the spinach another time.