Recipe by Spicy Little Sister
Top Review by Chef*Lee
I like the ingredients of this recipe however I didn't like the cooking method. I felt that putting the japone chilies in the bottom under the spinach for those first 3 minutes might have scorched them, creating a bitter flavor to the spinach. Next time, I will toss the garlic, oil, and chilies with the spinach before setting the lid on to steam-cook it. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb leafy greens, chopped into manageable bits 1-2-inch long each
- 1⁄2 head garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 dried japone chilies (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil (peanut or safflower or canola)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and drain greens. Warm wok over low heat; add oil. Add garlic and chilies, tossing in oil, until they give off fragrance. Add greens and cover immediately.
- Cook three minutes, take the lid off, toss the greens and cover again for two more minutes. Turn off heat, add salt to taste, and toss. Serve.