Very favorful soup to help use up some of your garden produce. It's got 20 cloves of garlic, how can you go wrong? From our local paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsley chopped and seeded
- 2 bell peppers, your color choice,chopped and seeded
- 20 clove garlic, peeled,chopped
- 236.59 ml chicken stock or 236.59 ml vegetable stock
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 29.58-44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil or fresh parsley (optional)
- 4 slice toasted Italian bread (optional)
- 1In medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Add tomatoes and peppers and cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- 3Add the garlic, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Season with balsamic vinegar.
- 7If you are carbing, lay 1 slice toasted Italian bread at the bottom of each bowl.
- 8Pour the soup over the bread, add parm cheese and fresh herbs atop the soup.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Garden Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 100.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g