Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
Very favorful soup to help use up some of your garden produce. It's got 20 cloves of garlic, how can you go wrong? From our local paper.
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsley chopped and seeded
- 2 bell peppers, your color choice,chopped and seeded
- 20 clove garlic, peeled,chopped
- 236.59 ml chicken stock or 236.59 ml vegetable stock
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 29.58-44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil or fresh parsley (optional)
- 4 slice toasted Italian bread (optional)
- In medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and peppers and cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with balsamic vinegar.
- If you are carbing, lay 1 slice toasted Italian bread at the bottom of each bowl.
- Pour the soup over the bread, add parm cheese and fresh herbs atop the soup.