Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Just trying to get this posted before the season is over. I haven't tried this yet but it sounded good.
- Wash and clean fiddleheads.
- Steam for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Heat butter in pan and saute garlic gently for a few seconds.
- Add fiddleheads and continue to saute till tender.
- Squeeze juice of lemon over all.
- Cook gently 2 - 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I have never made fiddlehead ferns before but was very pleasantly surprised by the flavor and texture of them. Your recipe allows the ingredients to shine yet elevates it by adding garlic and butter. You can't go wrong. Thank you for sharing.
This was my first attempt at fiddleheads - I'm not sure if I'm completely sold on them.... But, I loved how easy this recipe was and how flavourful the sauce was.
Very tasty. This was the first time I made fiddleheads, so I made them as directed. Next time, I won't steam quite as long, and will saute for a little longer so the flavors blend more. But the flavors were excellent, thank you!