Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple but elegant dish of beets tossed with a tangy garlic vinaigrette dressing. I use more than the two cloves of garlic that the recipe originally calls for... but that is because I LOVE garlic :).
- 6 medium beets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (I use more)
- Wash the beets; boil until tender, about 45 minutes (or 20 minutes in a pressure cooker).
- Remove the skins by running cold water over the boiled beets; slip off the beet skins.
- Slice the beets and toss with the olive oil, vinegar, garlic and salt.
- That will keep the vampires away for at least a night ;).