Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious way to get that Vitamin K (as well as a bunch of other healthy stuff). This recipe comes from Canadian Living Magazine. Enjoy.
- 2 (10 ounce) bags spinach, washed and trimmed (10 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Shred spinach and cook in dry skillet until wilted (about two minutes), transfer to plate.
- Heat oil in same skillet.
- Cook garlic and pepper for one minute.
- Add spinach, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until red pepper is tender crisp.
This Recipe was a hit at my office St. Patrick's luncheon.
This was very good, I didn't have any sweet pepper in, so I didn't take a photo, but I will be making it again, we liked it a lot. Next time I will use the red pepper. I added a little shredded parmesan cheese at the end. thanks for sharing a good one!! — Jan 6, 2006 Here we are again, had red pepper this time and it does make a difference to the whole, quite delicious, thanks again, has become a regular, love the red pepper flakes too, just the right amount!
Also reduced the oil a bit, and had to substitute chili pepper for red pepper flakes - satisfying side, and tasty! Thanks!