Recipe by Rise`
This is a great chilled sauce, perhaps more a dressing than a sauce. It can also be used as a marinade. I found this recipe in a Garlic cookbook and altered it a bit to my own taste.
- 2 -3 heads garlic
- 1 hardboiled egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide garlic into cloves and peel.
- Blend all ingredients except oil in blender or food processor.
- While blending, add oil slowly.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Shake or wisk before serving.
- Note: This is a very rich tasting garlic sauce which is great on a pasta (or anti-pasta) salad as well as seafoods or fresh veggies.
- I have also used this once for a marinade for Steaks.