Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make and full of flavor. If you love garlic, you will love these potatoes. I make these on the BBQ but the oven works good as well. I made this up after going to a baseball game with my son and wanting to recreate the garlic frys. Something we could make on the BBQ when it was too hot to cook in the house.
- Preheat BBQ or Oven. If using the oven the hotter the better, 450 degrees is preferred.
- Cut the potatoes in Wedges, (cut in half length wise, then cut each half into 4 wedges).
- place in boil or sheet pan, drizzle with Olive oil and sprinkle with salt. The quantity of the salt depends on you. Toss to coat evenly.
- If BBQing I place the potatoes on foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray, or using a sheet pan that is lined with foil and sprayed.
- Turn potatoes every 5-7 minutes on the BBQ or 10-15 in the oven until fork tender. Don't worry about the crispy ones or a little burnt looking, those are the best.
- While cooking, chop the cilantro or parsley, depending on flavor preference, other menu items or what I have on hand dictates which herb. Chop the onion, mainly the tops. Mince or finely chop the garlic. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are done, place in a bowl, add the garlic, herbs and onions, drizzle with a little more Olive Oil and toss to coat.
- Serve with Ranch, Roasted Pepper Aioli or Ketchup. Great garlic flavor and the fresh herbs make the dish.
- Note: Cooking time varies if using the BBQ (15 minutes) versus the Oven (30 minutes) as well as the size of your wedges.