Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This mixture is usually called "Gremolata" and can be used as a garnish on soups, tossed into pasta, spooned onto grilled chicken or mixed with vegetables (green bean recipe posted separately) It can be kept in the fridge for 3 days
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (I use Lite)
- The ingredients must be hand chopped with a knife.
- Stir together the zest, parsley, garlic and salt.
- Slowly pour in the oil constantly stirring until it is well blended.
I used this recipe in conjunction with the green bean (#12996) recipe that was posted. This recipe had a nice, fresh taste. Next time, though, I will cut the recipe in half (or make up my version so that I have enough for one meal)