Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple but flavorful way to make fresh green beans. Found this recipe somewhere on the internet a few years ago.
- 2 lbs green beans
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh squeezed only)
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Steam green beans until tender, then drain.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat and saute garlic 1 minute.
- Add beans and turn to coat with oil.
- Add lemon juice, salt& pepper and mix.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Very good and easy to make, I didn't used freshly squeezed lemon juice but it was still very tasty.
This elevates plain green beans to -- ummm, I don't know -- something elevated. Really, it's a wonderful combination of flavors. And it's easy to fix. And I turned the heat low and just kept it warm till the rest of dinner was done. DH really raved. Update 2 1/2 years later. This has turmed out to be one of my besr fimds! I've used fresh, frozen and canned beans, also fresh long beans, purple ones. Carrots, both sliced regular ones and packaged baby ones with the beans or just by themselves are really superior. Thank you, Marie,for a really terrific recipie.