Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy green bean side dish that can be prepared earlier and then baked at dinner time. A real time saver if you are having guests.
- 907.18 g fresh green beans
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1-2 clove garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 44.37 ml breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- Boil green beans until crisp tender and drain.
- Add oil,lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Place in ungreased 2 qt baking dish.
- Mix crumbs, cheese and butter together and sprinkle over bean mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
This was easy to make and was not your average green bean casserole!!! I didn't want to make it but because of the uniqueness of the lemon and garlic i decided to do it and it turned out great!!! The only thing I would say that there needed to be more of was the bread crumbs, but otherwise, this was a great dish!!!
We loved the taste of parmesan and green beans. This is a great side dish for the holidays.
This was a wonderful and healthy substitute for the traditional green bean casserole for holiday dinner. I used panko for breadcrumbs, and the small thin green beans (frozen). No leftovers.