Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious basting spread for salmon! It's the only way I ever fix it anymore when we grill salmon outside. Any leftovers will keep refrigerated until the next time you fix salmon.
- Soften one stick of butter and mix with garlic.
- Either process in blender or food processor; or if doing by hand use garlic press and whisk really well with fork.
- Gradually add as much lemon juice as butter will hold.
- Quit adding when butter won't absorb any more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slather this on grilled salmon during cooking and serve remainder at table.
This added a nice flavor to grilled salmon. We especially liked dipping the salmon in the leftover butter. Thanks Sue Dillard. Bullwinnkle.
This is the same way I prepare my salmon. With lots of butter! Although I use a half-stick per fillet. I just microwave the butter and then mix in the ingredients. It helps to make cuts in thick fillets to get the butter soaked in. My friends love this recipe and always bug me to make it. I've probably made it 15 times this summer!