Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Forget the meal---I just want the breadsticks!
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated whole wheat pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon asiago cheese, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground sage
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- In small saucepan, combine tomato paste, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, marjoram, oregano,sage, & thyme over medium heat.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, & simmer 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat & let it cool.
- Unroll dough onto cutting board & cut into 8 strips.
- Place strips on lightly greased baking sheet & bake 6-8 minutes. Should start to lightly brown.
- Melt butter & mix with garlic salt.
- Remove strips from oven & brush with butter mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan & asiago cheese.