Recipe by Loretta in Louisiana
This recipe come from the LSU Ag. It is one of the best that I have tried. Be ready to give the recipe out. DELICIOUS!
Top Review by mersaydees
This made DH very happy! He grew up with grits made by his southern mama. The two cheeses gave the grits a creamy consistency. Thanks, Loretta in Louisiana! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap.
- 1⁄2 cup grits
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, shredded (to taste)
- 0.5 (6 ounce) garlic cheese spread
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- garlic powder, to taste
- paprika, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the grits with the water and salt using package directions.
- Add the Velveeta cheese, garlic cheese, margarine and Worcestershire sauce to the grits and stir until the cheese melts.
- Taste and season with garlic powder fora stronger garlic flavor if desired.
- Spoon the grits mixture into a 1 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly.