Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
As a Southerner I do like my grits and these are especially tasty! Prep and cook times are estimated.
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 lb extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 package nippy garlic cheese, roll (if you can find this particular cheese just add more sharp cheddar and garlic powder to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook grits according to directions on the box.
- While grits are still hot add butter, cheeses and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Place mixture in a buttered 1-1/2 quart casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- This dish goes great with Center Cut Ham on the Grill (Recipe 46456) and a green bean salad (which I have also posted).