Top Review by Margie99
I assumed it was supposed to be 1/2lb of gruyere, we didn't have any so we used mozerella. It was good but I had to add about 1/2 cup more liquid, we used chicken stock. Okay I read this review and I thought who is the goofball who changed the recipe so much and then gave it 4 stars. I realized I was that goofball. So I made it just as written and we loved it. I didn't need to change a thing. It was perfect, sorry for the first review, let's just say I was young and stupid.
- 1 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb gruyere cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry white wine (about)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb crusty French bread or 1 lb sourdough bread, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine both cheeses, flour, nutmeg, and white pepper in large bowl; toss to coat.
- Bring 1 cup wine and garlic to simmer in a heavy large saucepan over low heat.
- Add cheese mixture by handfuls, whisking until melted and smooth after each addition.
- Mix in more wine by tablespoonfuls to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer to fondue pot.
- Set fondue over candle or canned heat.
- Serve fondue with bread.