Recipe by Marie
Add this side dish to your menu and you won't be disappointed. I also like to sometimes substitute fresh green beans for the frozen. Cook time does not include the 10 minutes or so to cook the bacon.
- 7 slices bacon
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesfrozen green beans, thawed
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 3 ",long strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook bacon just until crisp, turning occasionally.
- Remove bacon and reserve 2 tablespoons of drippings in skillet.
- Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Add carrots to skillet along with butter and stir fry over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add green beans and garlic and continue stir frying until vegetables are done.
- Stir black pepper into vegetables and remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish, crumble bacon and sprinkle over top of vegetables.