Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I made based on other recipes, but omitting some of the ingredients from each of the other recipes. My kids aren't fond of the butters that include the oregano, basil and rosemary etc. This makes a great garlic bread or is good served over pasta or vegetables.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (one stick)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground paprika
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients. Spread on bread or over pasta/vegetables and enjoy. You can always freeze any unused portions or it will keep for several weeks in the refrigerator.
I did change the recipe a little as I am trying to limit sodium intake I doubled the amount of garlic (fresh) and omitted the garlic salt and subbed cheddar cheese for the parmesan as my lot do not like parmesan. Also before adding the cheese I used some of it to make Chicken Paprika and the portion that the cheese was added to I made my latest creation Cheesy Garlic Bread. Thank you diner524 for a great garlic butter recipe and to momaphet for the recommendation, made for Best of 2013 tag game.
Yum. I've made this twice in the last week. Once as a side dish with spaghetti and once with a fettuccine recipe. Very simple and good. Thanks Lynn for sharing. Made for your Week 13 Football Win.
Used on hoagie rolls for a French bread style pizza. Yum! Thanks!