Recipe by YummySmellsca
There is no hiding the garlic flavour in this lusciously smooth soup - fresh zucchini from the garden (or your neighbour’s!) is a wonderfully seasonal base for a creamless, creamy pot of goodness that is packed with nutrients and taste, not fat!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 25 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 large zucchini, chopped or 35 ounces zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy pot, warm the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic and cook 5 minutes longer - don’t brown the garlic, just cook to soften.
- Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to tenderize.
- Pour in the wine and stir to incorporate, then add the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Puree smooth using either an immersion blender or in batches with a regular blender to puree.
- Stir in ginger, pepper and salt.
- This soup is better after a night in the refrigerator!