Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are a few garlic and oil pasta recipes on the site, but this is the one I use and it is slightly different from the other ones. So I'm posting this here for safe-keeping. Great with a Caesar salad and some breadsticks.
- 1 lb pasta
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until golden. Set aside while the pasta finishes cooking to allow the flavors to infuse the oil.
- Add cooked pasta to oil with parmesan and toss well.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 4 main dish servings or 8 side dish servings.
Very easy and also very delicious!! Added some spinach I needed to use and will definitely make again. We loved it!! Thank You!!
Nice and simple! Used more cheese and just a smidge of red pepper flakes (not as much as called for, personal preference). Was very good and will make again.