Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Quick and easy side veggie dish
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb zucchini, cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 3⁄4 lb yellow squash, cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Herb-ox very-low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté zucchini, yellow squash and onions 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add stock and salt substitute and pepper to taste.
- Continue to sauté another 2-3 minutes, or until squash is tender and liquid is evaporated.
Wondeful...Hubby liked it very much. I used Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth. I am very happy I found this. I added it to my plan. Thank You
I love squash this way! I did not use the broth either, I love the slight sweetness the dish gets as it browns! I usually add a little salt and some garlic. Thanks Miller!
This was fabulous and tasty for a friend who is on a very restricted diet. I did not use the chicken broth, just cooked the veggies at a relatively high temp so they would carmelize. Yummy and I don't even like squash.