Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I actually use a Vidallia onion instead of the green onion, but I thought it best to post the recipe as it was written.
- 6 large potatoes, boiled in jackets, peeled, cut into 4-inch cubes (about 3 lb)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- In large bowl, place potatoes, celery, green onion, and parsley.
- Meanwhile, in blender or food processor, blend cottage cheese, milk, lemon juice, vinegar, celery seed, dill weed, dry mustard, and white pepper until smooth. Chill for 1 hour.
- Pour chilled cottage cheese mixture over vegetables and mix well. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
This was a refreshing change from the usual potato salad, with cottage cheese. I halved the recipe. Thanks! I'm glad I picked you for the Pick a Chef game!