Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is both healthy and delicious and best with fresh from the garden vegetables. Simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and lemon juice which I think enhances the natural flavors of the vegetables. Adapted from American Heart Association One-Dish Meals. 241 calories, 1.0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 41 g carbohydrate per 1 1/2 cup serving.
- 8 cups water
- 6 ounces linguine, broken into thirds
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 4 ounces asparagus spears, trimmed and broken into 2-inch pieces
- 6 ounces grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1⁄3 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (green and white parts)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 6 ounces fat free feta cheese or 6 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Bring the water to boiling in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add in the linguini, stir and return to a boil; boil for 6 minutes.
- Add in the peas and asparagus; stir.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the peas are crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, parsley, green onion, and salt.
- Drain thoroughly the pasta-vegetable mixture in a colander; transfer to tomato mixture and stir gently.
- Gently stir in the feta, lemon juice, and pepper into the linguini-vegetable mixture.