Recipe by wagnerc327
"quick and dirty" recipe for my favorite, "Garbanzo's Fritos." This translates to fried chickpeas although they are not actually fried and the dish is more of a savory stew. The spicy flavors are great served over some white rice or eat them alone as a "Tapas" style dish.
- 6 chorizo sausage, sausages- sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (13 ounce) can sofrito sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the olive oil and chorizo into a heavy saucepan and cook for about 10 minutes, until chorizo is cooked. Add the garbanzo beans, sofrito and cooking wine. Cook for for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add in the tomato sauce and let cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened a bit.