Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
"quick and dirty" recipe for my favorite, "Garbanzo's Fritos." This translates to fried chickpeas although they are not actually fried and the dish is more of a savory stew. The spicy flavors are great served over some white rice or eat them alone as a "Tapas" style dish.
- 6 chorizo sausage, sausages- sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (13 ounce) can sofrito sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add the olive oil and chorizo into a heavy saucepan and cook for about 10 minutes, until chorizo is cooked. Add the garbanzo beans, sofrito and cooking wine. Cook for for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add in the tomato sauce and let cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened a bit.