Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Have decided to put all my family recipes for safe keeping, here at Zaar, which I expect will still be around when I'm not! This is something my Mom would make when company came. Who thought, back then, about "germs" with everybody putting their hands into the bowl to grab some of this enjoyable snack!
- Beans should be cooked at least four hours before preparing, drained and left out on tray or large bowl to dry completely. Even better overnight.
- Prior to serving, mix all ingredients together and place on baking sheet with sides.
- Roast in preheated 375 degree oven until golden brown, stirring once or twice.
- Put out in serving plate -- and don't forget a scoop!
- *I personally do not use any butter at all but season while they are just SLIGHTLY damp and then roast.
- By the way, this is really not half as good with canned beans.
i've made this twice and just love it. i do use olive oil, and salt free spices,tho. it's healthy and stops the munchie cravings! i agree, it is addictive. thanks!
Oh my goodness. These are downright addictive. I was looking for a lower fat snack and decided to try this. I let them dry over night and still wound up dabbing with a paper towel, but I live in a pretty humid climate so that might have been why. I decreased the butter just a bit and subbed with a drizze of olive oil. They still turned out great. I know I'll be making it often, and I think I will play with decreasing the fat even more (but not entirely since it's a big part of the flavor). Thanks for sharing!