Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Have decided to put all my family recipes for safe keeping, here at Zaar, which I expect will still be around when I'm not! This is something my Mom would make when company came. Who thought, back then, about "germs" with everybody putting their hands into the bowl to grab some of this enjoyable snack!
- 4 cups garbanzo beans, cooked (chickpeas)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted*
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper, fresh ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Beans should be cooked at least four hours before preparing, drained and left out on tray or large bowl to dry completely. Even better overnight.
- Prior to serving, mix all ingredients together and place on baking sheet with sides.
- Roast in preheated 375 degree oven until golden brown, stirring once or twice.
- Put out in serving plate -- and don't forget a scoop!
- *I personally do not use any butter at all but season while they are just SLIGHTLY damp and then roast.
- By the way, this is really not half as good with canned beans.