Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Super meatless recipe for informal dinners and quick lunches. Add a little horseradish if you want to kick it up a notch. Taken from Light & Tasty magazine.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (you can substitute chickpeas)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole wheat pita bread, 6-inch
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 1⁄2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a blender or food processor, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth.
- Spoon 1/3 cup bean mixture into each pita half.
- Top with lettuce, cucumber and tomato.
- May add fat free ranch dressing if so desired.