Recipe by VegSocialWorker
From the October 2006 Vegetarian Times. I made this without the oil and it worked just fine.
Top Review by the80srule
These were FANTASTIC! I used a little less than 2 TB of peanut oil, some extra lemon juice, and a whole bag of frozen petite whole green beans. The perfect accompaniment for all kinds of dishes and great on their own too.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed and cut in half (about 4 cups)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, garlic, garam masala, mustard seeds, green beans, salt and 1/4 cup water in large skillet.
- Cover, and simmer over medium-low heat 5 minutes, or until beans are just tender.
- Uncover skillet, and increase heat to medium high. Cook 3 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Sauté 3 minutes more, until beans start to brown.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and serve.